Re: [MELB]Early sunday trains

"Paul Dwerryhouse" <paul+usenet@dwerryhouse.com.au> wrote in message
99do1i$vu$1@merrick.home">news:99do1i$vu$1@merrick.home...
> But the weekday timetable is still not back to where it was when the
Liberals
> declared that the summer timetable would be permanent.

True. From memory they put back a few services just after they cut them,
when they realised how overcrowded the trains (especially Ringwood trains)
were.

> While they _finally_ seem to have fixed the problem of there being no
> express trains to the city for a period of about 9 minutes between
> 7.39am and 7.48am at Mitcham station (they had turned a Box Hill - Camb -
> Richmond - FSS direct train into a stopping all stations trains), there's
> no longer any trains skipping Heatherdale & Laburnum, and there doesn't
> seem to be any Box Hill - Richmond express trains anymore.

There are still problems elsewhere on the network. For instance, at my
station (Glenhuntly) the gaps between trains into the city in peak hour are
up to *16* minutes: 8:05, 8:21, 8:36 - and the 8:36 stops all stations, so
it's 18 minutes behind the 8:21 by the time it reaches the city. We get
express trains all day in off peak hours, but none at all coming out of the
city between 4:30pm and 6pm.

I'm sure there are deficiencies like this elsewhere too.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au