Re: [MELB]Early sunday trains

Daniel Bowen <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:

>I think it's a mixed bag. The most important improvement (which is quite
>significant when you think about it, and almost makes up for a lot of the
>bad stuff) is the upgrading of most Sunday daytime frequencies to Saturday
>levels. That in itself has made the whole system much much more useable than
>it ever was while under government control.

But of course this wasn't an initiative of the private operators - it was a
Kennett government promise in 1996, only belatedly fulfilled in 1998 before
the hand-over to private operators.

This may be nitpicking, but I don't want people to get the impression that
this improvement has come about as a consequence of privatisation.

TM