Re: Burning Rubb...... eh no thats not it!

Traction Motors at the other end probably self destructed!
Being a Bo-Bo that has allowed more amps to be available for the front
untethered end. I think that the third whole [closest the Engine] is also
not as deep.This probably , could not happen in Australia, particularly in
Victoria, as we do not use mid train helpers, and the crew have several ways
of shutting down an out of control engine. The exception would be V/Line
Pass poor man XPT, but even then, they would feel the rear engine buffeting
the train. as it is only 6 or 7 carriages to the rear.By the way ,pulling
the knife switch, will not shut it down ;o)
906D62037gunzelT333@203.50.2.80">news:906D62037gunzelT333@203.50.2.80...