Re: [melb] PIDs on Connex Comengs

In aus.rail, on 13 Jun 2001, Paul announced:
> "OgO" <quentisl@leaves.qjc.cjb.net> wrote:
>>
>> But what I meant was that the station staff can see the
>> train sitting there, and can see when it's just about ready
>> to go, and can make an announcement then, if an automated
>> system can't do this, is it really an improvement?
>
> Personally, I'd rather hear a digitised announcement as the
> train departs (as long as there are messages prior to its
> departure) then hearing a mumbled "live" message in
> pigeon-English from some of Flinders Street platform staff!
> :)

OK, I agree with that, so substitute "make an announcement" with
"push a button to play a recorded announcement" then...

OgO
--
My Win9x Cursors: http://qjc.cjb.net/cursors.html
Please don't send me junk leaves! (take them out before

No Silicon Heaven?  But where do all the calculators go? -
Kryten.