Re: [melb] PIDs on Connex Comengs

In article <T1xV6.2531$S5.6377@news1.belrs1.nsw.optushome.com.au>,
Tony Gatt wrote:
>> Like when the train leaves
>> Richmond, don't just say "This is a Limited Express service to
>> Lilydale.... The next station will be Camberwell".  Instead they should
>> say something like "This is a Lilydale service.  This train will run
>> express to Camberwell".
>
> Could you please explain what the difference in the information is?

Well where the .... is a few minutes between the messages.  I should
have mentioned that.  But when I first got onto a train that said "This
is an Express service to Belgrave" it made me think for a second if I
was on the right train even though I know there are no trains that run
express all the way to Belgrave.  That could be a bit more confusing to
someone knew to the system.

> Both version contain the SAME information.
> If it were a QLD train, it would say it as "The next station is Camberwell, this
> is a Lilydale Train."
>
> Different again, same information.

It should at least say that it will run express to Camberwell because
Limited Express services don't always run express to certain stations.
Also the message "The next station will be Camberwell" after it leaves a
station to go express is the same as the one it uses when approaching
stations so it's confusing to tell if you are approaching the station.

--
Jeremy Lunn
ICQ: 19255837