Re: [melb] PIDs on Connex Comengs

In aus.rail, on 13 Jun 2001, Jeremy Lunn announced:

> Also the message "The next
> station will be Camberwell" after it leaves a station to go
> express is the same as the one it uses when approaching
> stations so it's confusing to tell if you are approaching
> the station.

It's also a little late to get of if you don't in fact want to
go all the way to Camberwell...  That's still my number 1 gripe
about Flinders Street - There is absolutely NO point AT ALL in
announcing where a train is going, as it's pulling out of the
station, especially when the train has been sitting there for
five minutes without any announcement at all.  The announcement
should be made at least 10 seconds before the driver closes the
doors and departs, probably longer, and definately more than
once...

Regards

OgO

--
My Win9x Cursors: http://qjc.cjb.net/cursors.html
Please don't send me junk leaves! (take them out before

No Silicon Heaven?  But where do all the calculators go? -
Kryten.