Re: grat barier reef dying, silted and over fertilised and suffering from occasional fevers

"Denver Fletcher" <denver@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
9fq1nr$1skj$1@raewyn.paradise.net.nz">news:9fq1nr$1skj$1@raewyn.paradise.net.nz...
> Tim Scrivens wrote in message <9foumq$4sl$1@hermes.nz.eds.com>...
> >There are rock paintings in Australia dated to 45k years old, and the
> paint
> >is water soluble.  Difficult to paint if they are 200 m underwater.
>

> Yes, and I've seen them, complete with perspex covers "to protect them
> from the rain".
>
> While I find many of jp's ideas decidedly odd myself, you haven't said
> anything here.
>
> There are well-known variables in carbon and other decay based dating
> techniques. I am sure an expert like yourself will be familiar with them.

Yes, there are variables.  If you use the standard tables, worked out from
the bristlecone pines and things, most of the variables can be coped with.
Or are U saying that there is a sufficient difference that jps timeframe can
be defended, even though there is a 10-fold difference.