Re: [melb] Connex's refurbished Comeng trains

Michael <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
9044EB382gunzelT333@203.164.20.149">news:9044EB382gunzelT333@203.164.20.149...
> austaz@foxall.com.au (news.foxall.com.au) wrote in
> <981793526.193822@foxlink2.foxall.com.au>:
>
> >I think that there are currently 6 refurbished trains (six cars each) in
> >operation.  On Friday I was on the 9.42 train from Lilydale to City and
> >also noted the increased number of refurbished trains.  Unusually one
> >was in the sidings at Lilydale.  Perhaps it was defective???  Another
> >was stabled at Camberwell.
>
> There are 14 * 3 car sets running now. Two more sets came back from
> Ballarat this week, afaik, so should be running within a week or two.
>
> The sets now end up where they end up, in other words not specifically at
> Epping any more.

have they got the voice announcements working yet? I've seen a couple of
sets in between Flinders Street and Spencer St stations without their
desto's working?? This was over a few days last week, both in the morning
and afternoon.

cheers
Johann