Re: [melb] Connex's refurbished Comeng trains

Jeremy Lunn <spammers-will-die@austux.net> wrote in message
3A84B365.30606@austux.net">news:3A84B365.30606@austux.net...
> Is it just me?  Or is there more refurbished Comeng trains now?
>
> Last Tuesday I saw at least 3 sets on my way to the city.  One between
> Canterbury and East Camberwell, one between Glenferrie and Hawthorn and
> one that I think could have been in the burnley siddings.  Then the next
> day I saw just as many, but one was at the Camberwell siddings where it
> remained for a day or two and the other was definitly in the burnley
> siddings.  The last one I saw go through Richmond station.
>
>  From what I last read here there was 4 sets of these trains.  Is this
> still the case now?  Or are there more.  I just think it's strange how I
> saw so many in such a short time since usually I don't see any.
>
> Sorry no exact times or engine numbers ;-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeremy Lunn

Hi,

I think that there are currently 6 refurbished trains (six cars each) in
operation.  On Friday I was on the 9.42 train from Lilydale to City and also
noted the increased number of refurbished trains.  Unusually one was in the
sidings at Lilydale.  Perhaps it was defective???  Another was stabled at
Camberwell.

Peter.