Re: old lines

In article <wtag6.19635$65.97047@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  "Philip Shortus" <Shortus@bigpond.com> wrote:

> That has been a dream of mine for 2 years,
[snip]

> The best thing you should do is stick to the "Mothballed" lines up
north
> which have good  photographing points
[snip]
(I'm sure someone
> could hire you out a rail trike) please tell I would love too do
something
> like that.

See this website:

http://www.cobweb.com.au/~nldoncas/assco.htm

This is an excerpt from that site,  describing what Assco does:

At a meet, our members gather to run their railway motor section cars
(also known as a quad, trike, trolley, dolley, speeder or groper
depending on the state). Historically, a meet has been a two day
period, although this may vary depending on needs and interest. A meet
is basically a window of access to a railway corridor. Meets are not a
"get a trolley and go for a bash" show either.

Could be what you guys are looking for.  Sounds like good fun!  I hear
you can buy a speeder in basic going order for about $600, but if this
catches on and the supply of surplus equipment runs out, prices will
rise, so get in quick.

Good luck!

James

Sent via Deja.com