Re: old lines

G'day,
That has been a dream of mine for 2 years, but when I decided I wanted too
go ahead with it, I found doing all the lines I want a little difficult
because most of these lines do through farm propertys and you would have too
ask over 100 farmers to go throught their land.
And there's the problem with demolished/burnt bridges (espicially the
gundagai Viaduct), missing track for kilometres at a time (especially on the
tumut line).
BUT, The Cooma/Monaro Railway has 2 sections of open track and the 100kms
between Royalla and Chakola can be accessed and you will probably be able to
ask the owners in advance and most of the track is fine.
On the Tumbarumba line the 14kms between wagga and Ladysmith is owned by a
preservation group.

The best thing you should do is stick to the "Mothballed" lines up north
which have good  photographing points and can be easily accessed (for access
ring RAC or RSA) and do it when they are in the off season.

Please don't give up cause of this, after all the tumut line maybe reopened
again? but your best bet is going  the lines up north to do this, but it's
still worth a try down south, beleive me it will be worth it.

If you end up doing something like this or need more help (I'm shore someone
could hire you out a rail trike) please tell I would love too do something
like that.

Yours sincerly Mark

P.S= I.'m actually in the process of preparing a tour up north in the off
season or Mudgee, Cowra, tottenham and Nynghan, Warren maybe even Rankin
springs, wyalong, burtcher, etc. I would love to do it.