Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

Well you should have ticket but this is where the term discretion comes in.
If you did not have a ticket I certainly wouldn't book you even though
legally you should.
Hey well thats what it says in the Act.
If I did and it went to court do you seriously think I would win?
No way.
Like I said that is where an authorised officer should use his/her
discretion.
If you said to me I'm not travelling on the train I'm meeting someone on the
platform I certainly wouldn't book you.
However I would try to remain aware of my surrounds and if I did see you
board the train.....guess what I'd approach and ask for your ticket. If you
could not prodice one, well then I'd have to think about it.
So technically you should have one, well from a legal point anyway. But
seriously I wouldn't book you if you were waiting for someone.
Might be little harder at Flinders St though and I'd have to suggest you
meet your party 'under clocks' so too speak.

Zjvf6.834$tT3.7478@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:Zjvf6.834$tT3.7478@news-server.bigpond.net.au...