Re: [Melb] FSS Wheelchair incident - 2 years jail

"Daniel Bowen"
| "Tezza"
| > "Andy B"

| > | It was ?? - I read it as being the wheelchair guy made the comment
about
| > the other guy, and he pushed him as a result.

| > So it was the veggie McGuirk who had the stupid haircut. It was Austin
who
| > put shit on it. The veggie assaulted Austin who then tried to grab the
| > wheelchair controls - presumably to stop the veggie from assaulting him
| > further. It was an accident that the veggie ended up on the track. It
was
| > Austin who saved him.
|
| Without being there, I don't see how you can make that presumption.

That's what was said.

| If someone in a wheelchair attacks you, why can't you just walk away
| (preferably up the escalator)?

He was waiting for a train. Everyone has the right to try to defend
themselves.

| Anyway the article says that Austin lost his
| temper - not that he was defending himself.

I'm not not surprised he lost his temper, some weirdo banging a wheelchair
into him near the edge of a railway platform - it could've been him ending
up on the track.

| Maybe Austin should have kept his opinion of the haircut to himself.

Maybe so, but it didn't give the weirdo veggie the right to assault him.

| As for the veggie remarks, I hope you get as much compassion and
| understanding if you're ever confined to a wheelchair.

Probably.