Re: [Melb] FSS Wheelchair incident - 2 years jail

"Andy B"
| Tezza
| > "Andy B"

| > | Tezza does have a point - the gent in the wheelchair shouldn't have
made
| > the comments about the guy's hairstyle.
| >

| > It was actually the veggie who had the mohawk.
| >
| It was ?? - I read it as being the wheelchair guy made the comment about
the
| other guy, and he pushed him as a result.

The original post said:
"MELBOURNE, Jan 25 AAP - A 20-year-old man who pushed a wheelchair-bound man
on to railway lines as a train approached at Melbourne's Flinders St station
was today jailed for two years.

Aaron Wade Austin was ordered to serve a minimum non-parole term of 20
months for pushing 24-year-old Alan McGuirk on to the tracks.

Austin pleaded guilty in the County Court to one count of recklessly causing
serious injury.

The court heard Austin lost his temper and reacted impulsively when Mr
McGuirk bumped him on the back of his legs with his motorised wheelchair
after Austin had made a derogatory remark about his brightly colored mohawk
hairstyle."

So it was the veggie McGuirk who had the stupid haircut. It was Austin who
put shit on it. The veggie assaulted Austin who then tried to grab the
wheelchair controls - presumably to stop the veggie from assaulting him
further. It was an accident that the veggie ended up on the track. It was
Austin who saved him.