Re: Rumour - Carlingford - Chatswood line

In article <93k5ca$oev$1@news.eisa.net.au>,
  "Rod Gayford" <rjaygee@eisa.net.au> wrote:
> But if they did decide to build under the shopping centre they could avoid
> going deep at that point and reduce costs considerably.  The shopping centre
> station is a good idea because no one goes to Carlingford other than to
> catch trains to commute and if located under the shopping centre it would
> encourage more travellers.  Do it.
> Cheers
> Rod Gayford

I don't know if that many people go to Carlingford to catch trains! I live in
Carlingford, and even my family will often travel to Epping or Parramatta to
catch a train rather than use Carlingford's infrequent service, particularly
for one-off trips. When I caught the train to/from uni (USyd Cumberland
Campus, Lidcombe) I would almost always go from Carlingford, but for other
trips we often go to other major nearby stations (expresses, more frequent,
don't have to sit around at Clyde). My girlfriend and family live at Castle
Hill, and they usually use Epping line trains.

Of course, the above will probably change significantly with the new
Parramatta to Chatswood link!

Cheers, David.

> "Ben Munro" <sporologist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> 3A5D85C1.652400BE@yahoo.com">news:3A5D85C1.652400BE@yahoo.com...
> >

> > Chris wrote:
> > >
> > > Any truth to the rumour that Carlingford station may be relocated up
> under
> > > Carlingford shopping centre (the one with the Grace Bros - not the asian
> > > one) with the shopping centre owners paying for the new underground
> station?
> > > Or will this be an additional station?
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > The cost of a station there would be $50 million or more. The line will
> > be pretty deep at that point.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/