Re: SCT Traffic

David

"David & Julie Donald" <dsjmd@hermes.net.au> wrote in message
3A5C2A38.79999EE7@hermes.net.au">news:3A5C2A38.79999EE7@hermes.net.au...
| I have heard that the Victorian Dept of Infrastructure has virtually
banned the
| use of the in-line fuel tanker for this service, basically for safety
reasons.
| Anyone know any more on this issue ??
|
| --
|
| Regards
|
| David Donald
| Springwood, NSW
|
| dsjmd@hermes.net.au

I wonder if it is a ploy to make FA use Victorian fuel instead of South
Australian so the Victorian Government can get more tax $$$$$$? Would one of
these fuel wagons be able to supply enough fuel for a Adelaide - Melbourne
round trip if the locos were fully fuelled in Adelaide? Is this being used
on the route for FA/SCT traffic anyway or only Adelaide-Perth? (I would have
loved to have seen this train while in Perth but I only saw one NR freight
train and 3 Westrail ones when I was over there earlier this week - not
counting the EMU's, IP's, Australind's and Prospectors!)

AFAIK, it is a dry break system that has been used in motorsport and more to
the point air-to-air refuelling for (mainly) Air Force planes for some time
with no major dramas.

Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"We earn $3 per hour. Where do you
want me to live? The Hilton?" - Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)