Re: SCT Traffic

I am led to believe that the Dept of Infrastructure is concerned by two issues:
(a) the fact that a level crossing accident could see the fuel tanker bearing
the brunt of the impact, and thus the implications therefrom;
(b) the fact that the tankers have open valves, and thus the ability for the
tankers to be isolated.
Given that it is a state department, I would assume that the restriction only
applies in Victoria, and thus they can operate the Adelaide - Perth - Adelaide
sector of the trip.

--

Regards

David Donald