Re: [Melb] Fines for private operator hit $5.9m

> "D Lindstrom" <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > National Express yesterday blamed vandalism
>
> Vandalism that seems to go unrepaired for prolonged periods of time.  I
must
> admit Connex do a much better job with repairs, but I guess Bayside's
> operating area is more prone to vandalism.

Same with Swanston trams. Most of the Zs from Glenhuntly & Malvern depots
are in a disgusting state, with lots of internal graffiti, filthy windows,
dirty floors, and a general grotty appearence. Now the outsides are starting
to get vandalised, and there doesn't seem to be much (any) effort to clean
that off either. I wrote a letter of complaint, and got back a reply which
included "All trams are cleaned overnight... This includes vacuuming,
rubbish and graffiti removal, window cleaning..." Well that's just a total
lie. Just yesterday I caught a tram with a "2000" tag written large. So I
hardly think it has had any graffiti removed in the last 12 days, at least.

Contrast Yarra Trams, which seem to make a much greater effort to keep their
vehicles presentable.

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex @ bigfoot com)