Re: [Melb] Fines for private operator hit $5.9m

> Contrast Yarra Trams, which seem to make a much greater effort to
keep their
> vehicles presentable.

You reckon?

Maybe more than Swanston, but all four operators seem to have slipped
in the cleanliness and graffiti removal stakes over the last several
months.

Yarra (who I use regularly) often seem to have graffiti more internally
than externally and theres also often some old poorly removed graffiti
(ie, its been wiped but its still there). I've also found syringes on
trams twice and quite often seen pools of vomit or urine down the back
of the tram. Am I just unlucky or can people confirm that these are
common problems? I use the #86 mostly.

A while ago I complained and some bloke from the depot rang me and said
their cleaners were lazy and he'd talk to them but they'd probably
missed cleaning the tram the night before, and that there was a serious
problem with drug use on trains both in terms of syringes, vomiting and
people od'ing (I've never seen anyone OD on a tram, but its probably
only a matter of time...).

Pre-privatisation whenever anyone threw up there was usually sand
dumped on top of the mess, IIRC (?). Haven't seen that recently.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/