Re: [Melb] Batchelor says W-class trams to be back asap

> Or has nobody suggested this?

PTUA called for it some time ago. It was rejected on the basis that the
original braking system (allegedly) wasn't up to scratch and needed a
complete overhaul

> The news media reports I read suggest strongly that none of the
> journalists who write about these things know anything about trams.

They don't.

> Can't someone contact one of these ignorant reporters and tell them
> what's what?

Roberto has tried, I think. He knows more about this than I do.

Theres nothing stopping a kiwi from emailing in a letter to the ed, of
course...

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/