Re: [Vic] Reduction in Tertiary concession card cost

Oh well, its better than what we feared which was that it would end up
a non core promise. They were (probably deliberately) vague in the
transport policy on how much it was to be reduced by, though I
understand the youth affairs policy released by Lynne Kosky before the
election said they'd come down to the level of a primary/secondary card.

A charge of $10 - $20 is probably reasonable but $75 is still too high
(better than $125 which is what it would have been with the GST and the
CPI increases).

Hopefully it will be reduced again next year - start your campaigning
now, folks.

Vaughan

> I have to say the cost of these cards is a joke and bracks has gone
back on
> his election promise of making em the same cost as the high school
cards,
> which cost less that 10% of the tertiary card ($75).  I really want
to know
> what the difference is b/w me and a yr 12 std, the answer is simple
$67.9 a
> year betta off.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/