Re: [Melb] New trams have few seats [was Batchelor says W-class trams to be back asap

>These trams are designed for European cities which have short routes
>with heavy loadings, and also usually turning loops so the trams are
>single ended and only have doors down one side, rather than for a city
>like Melbourne which has very long routes, with no turning loops, and
>thus trams need doors on both sides, yet the traffic demands a greater
>requirement for more seats than in Europe.

This leaves me wondering if these trams are going to be any good. I
can put up with having to stand on a tram in peak, but if the 3
section model has only 28 seats standing may be more common of peak.
Doesn't compare very well with, what is it, 90+ seats in the H class
and they are over 70 years old, but this is progress I guess. :-(

Tali