Re: Abt project on track

He was most likely referring to the fact that four of the original
Rack tanks survive. Two are to be restored initially, and the other
two are still privately owned at railway museums in Tasmania and
Victoria.

Smith has always said he will eventually have all four steam locos
back, but has never made mention of the owners feelings on this
matter. Over the past few years Smith has made a number of demands
(many publicly) to various museums for locos and rolling-stock, but I
believe these have often been unrealistic and unreasonable, leading to
a refuasal.

Stuart Dix
TasTrain web-site
http://www.tased.edu.au/tasonline/railtas/