Re: Granville Train Disaster (and its memory)

iyb wrote:

> So the bits about the bogies and wheel measurements is made up and I suppose
> the bits about  man who after preempting, fogging and generally being
> uncooperative are untrue made up as well .

Some bits were accurate, and can be confirmed by reading the Accident
Investigation findings.  However, they seemed to put too much emphasis on
irrelevant nonsense.  For example, the classic line "Why was the speed on that
curve 80 km/h when all other curves in NSW are 70 km/h?"  I can show you curves
in NSW with 160 km/h speeds.  The show put a lot of weight on the condition of
4620, but didn't put enough on the condition of the track.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au