Re: [NSW] RSA takes two weeks to repair broken points on CityRail line

Chris Downs wrote:

> Passing through Clyde late on Friday I noticed that two of the frogs on the
> diamond for the up west and down Carlingford line had been removed and
> replaced with plain rail for the up west line - so rather than the points (or
> perhaps as well as the points) it appears the diamond is the main problem.

That diamond is unusual in that the turnout track is curved, so a standard K
crossing would not go in.  New K crossings would have to be made with the exact
curvature built in.  This may explain why they will take so long to be made.

> On through running Carlingford trains, about 15 years ago a down Mountains
> U-boat I was on (well loaded with fare paying passengers) was diverted through
> Clyde Yard on the line closest to the up west.  Is this no longer possible?

This is still possible, if you clip and lock all the facing points.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au