Re: Connex rail maps in refurbished cars

"Railvic" <railvic@primus.com.au> wrote in message
3A70A9F9.CDCD042@primus.com.au">news:3A70A9F9.CDCD042@primus.com.au...
> Paul wrote:
> > may need? Why this THEM or US attitude? I feel this sort of attitude
only
> > leads to less co-operation between companies and increased frustration
for
> > the travelling public. I still have little idea where some places in
> > Melbourne are and the lack of a COMPLETE map I find a problem when
trying
> > to navigate the city.
>
> Yeah ... Ansett does not show Qantas flight information, nor does
> Telstra with Optus promotions, or Safeway (or Woolworth) with Coles
> Dollar Dazzlers (specials) ...

Ansett flies almost all the same places Qantas does. With Telstra you can
phone
anywhere, just like Optus. Safeway/Woolworths sell most of the same stuff
that Coles sell.

Connex do not share or compete on routes with Bayside, except between
Richmond and the City Loop. You cannot go everywhere in Melbourne on Connex,
or on Bayside (or on both of them for that matter - many destinations are
accessible only by tram or bus).

The transport companies are not competing against each other, they are
competing against car travel. The entire transport network, every company's
service put together, is exponentially more useful to travellers than a
single company's service.

In fact, to get back to your first point, airlines *do* co-operate to form
bigger networks - eg One World and Star Alliance.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au