Re: Connex rail maps in refurbished cars

"Railvic" <railvic@primus.com.au> wrote in message
> Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > The transport companies are not competing against each other, they are
> > competing against car travel. The entire transport network, every
company's
> > service put together, is exponentially more useful to travellers than a
> > single company's service.
>
> In my previous reply I have never used the word "compete", "competition"
> or "competitor", etc.  All I have stated is:
>
> Yeah ... Ansett does not show Qantas flight information, nor does
> Telstra with Optus promotions, or Safeway (or Woolworth) with Coles
> Dollar Dazzlers (specials) ...

Yup. Qantas and Ansett are competing. Telstra and Optus are competing.
Safeway/Woolworths and Coles are competing. Connex and Bayside are not.

> > In fact, to get back to your first point, airlines *do* co-operate to
form
> > bigger networks - eg One World and Star Alliance.
>
> If I remember correctly, Ansett is in Star Alliance, but Qantas, Impulse
> or Virgin Blue are not.

Yep, that's right. Ansett and United Airlines (and others) are in the Star
Alliance. Qantas, British Airways and American Airlines (and others) are in
the One World Alliance. In these alliances, they share tickets, show each
others flight information on maps and schedules, and assist customers
between services.

Connex and Bayside (and others) are in an alliance known as The Met. In this
alliance, they share tickets...

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia