Connex rail maps in refurbished cars

In an effort to provide customer service Connex reduces the amount of
information available to the travelling public.

A travelled on a refurbished Connex set a couple of days ago and noticed
the rail maps inside now ignore all non-Connex services (they are absent
from the new maps). One of the things I admired about Melbourne transport
on moving here recently was the largely integrated method of travel with
comprehensive maps of the multi-modal transport system with its' one ticket
system of travel (typically a 2 hour ticket in one to three zones). Now it
would appear that we are seeing the thin of the wedge beginning to separate
the comprehensive nature of this system. I mean, really, what is the
problem with providing the travelling public with ALL the information they
may need? Why this THEM or US attitude? I feel this sort of attitude only
leads to less co-operation between companies and increased frustration for
the travelling public. I still have little idea where some places in
Melbourne are and the lack of a COMPLETE map I find a problem when trying
to navigate the city.

Paul
morbieus@hotmail.com

"My whinge for the day"