Re: Vic opposition calls for more sg lines

I am sure the other states DO see this multi guage as a problem.
Imagine for just one minute how impossible road freight would be if Semi
trucks were only alowed on the National highways, and NOWHERE else !  These
large Semi's would only be alowed to be loaded at terminals on the Highways
or from much smaller courier trucks.  Imagine the double handling and costs
involved in time and money.  Not to mention lost business because the
smaller trucks cannot handle the volume/weight eficiently.

Is this not the same deal with multi guages?

Polititions need to seriously face the facts that our VR seriously stuffed
up by going BG, and either re-gauge or re-move the line altogether..

M.Pascoe.

3a6f95da.21398065@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a6f95da.21398065@can-news.tpg.com.au...