Re: Vic opposition calls for more sg lines

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:35:48 GMT, Vaughan Williams
<ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote:

>The two incompatible halves of the rail system make my head hurt, but
>if anything is going to be done with it, the federal govt should cough
>up from its big infrastructure slush fund to regauge the lot and do it
>properly, including the suburban network.
>
>Vaughan

Why does Victoria need to be reguaged to SG any more so than any other
state.?

SA still has a mixture of BG and SG and we dont hear a peep from
anyone about it needing to all re guaged to SG.
WA and QLD both have SG and NG and again there is no suggestion that
either of them reguage their NG networks to SG.

Why is Victoria differant??

MD