Re: Vic opposition calls for more sg lines

The two incompatible halves of the rail system make my head hurt, but
if anything is going to be done with it, the federal govt should cough
up from its big infrastructure slush fund to regauge the lot and do it
properly, including the suburban network.

Vaughan

In article <94lteu$e9n$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <qZtb6.96$Q82.3461@news0.optus.net.au>,
>   dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> > The Opposition Leader, Denis Napthine, has joined calls for the
> Victorian
> > Government to standardise the rail line between Portland and
Mildura.

> > http://www.abc.net.au/news/regionals/westvic/monthly/reghor-
24jan2001-
> 3.htm
>
> Standardlisation to Mildura would make reintroduction of passenger
> service more complicated.
>
> --
> Cheers
>
> Railway Rasputin