Re: [NSW] 3801 to Coota

"Kevin Sewell" <kevinsewell@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3aebcf9d$0$25466$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3aebcf9d$0$25466$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> [Adopts beg/grovel/plead posture]
>
> Would somebody (who has appropriate access) be so terribly kind as to
PLEASE
> obtain a copy of the STN for the 3801 trip to Coota next Saturday and
either
> make available on a web-site to print, or alternatively painfully input
> contents here in a return message. If anonymity is a critical factor in
> revealing the fact that somebody has this information who shouldn't,
please
> feel free to e-mail me directly. Trust me, I wear a tie and DON'T "work"
for
> State Rail!! :-)
> I understand the train numbers are going to be SS65 & SS66 (how
> appropriate!) but I don't know the STN number.
> I also have fax available or there's always Australia Snail Mail.
> My most sincere and humble thanks to anyone who can oblige.
>
> [gets up off knees, dusts down, and hopes nobody who knows me, saw me
> grovel]

How do we know you're not a spy for the Chinese government?  With the
current tense diplomatic standoffs between the US, Australia and the PRC
over alleged incursions of airspace and sea-lanes, imagine what would happen
if the Chinese Government got hold of one of these STNs by subterfuge. The
information revealed may be used to upgrade the PRCs steam locomotive fleet
and improve their military transport capability, putting the whole SE Asia
region back into instability not seen since the 1950s.  John Howard would be
able to invoke conscription once again, and get back into power at the next
election because the populace would be too scared to risk a lefty labor
government.

Regards

David Bennetts