Re: Sale of Wisconsin Central.

In article <3AEBBB2D.33225E87@hermes.net.au>,
David & Julie Donald  <dsjmd@hermes.net.au> wrote:
>We should all be aware by now that WC has been purchased by Canadian National.
>However, there has not been all that much said about the international
>operations of WC, and especially ATN/Tasrail/ATN Access.

>Has anyone heard any concrete information on the situation ??

 CN purchased WC's operations in the US. They did NOT purchase the
international operations.  WC, as part of the sale to CN is to 'dispose'
of it's shares in these overseas assets.

 In all probablity these assets will never really be CN owned, but a bit of
WC will continue to exist while they sell their shares in these operations
off.
 It is possible (but I expect unlikely) that the ex WC holding company will
survive in its own right, but they have no US based 'parent' to fall back on
for loans.