Re: R766 damage

Don't worry about steam locos being banned because they are dangerous. Have
you ever seen what happens when the flywheel bolts on the engine of your
average car break at any sort of engine revs? The flywheel cuts of very nice
slot in the bodywork and easily makes it to the side of the road. They are
not going to ban cars are they?
Paul Hambleton

"Graeme" <grimegrime@hotmail.NOSPAMcom> wrote in message
3adec5db@nap-ns1.netconnect.net.au">news:3adec5db@nap-ns1.netconnect.net.au...

> "Rjaygee" <dartmouthmotel@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> N_wD6.6750$482.27883@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:N_wD6.6750$482.27883@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> > Although I am a steam engine fanatic, one can see why they were so
quickly
> > replaced by diesel which have most of the reciprocating parts enclosed.
> > Better not let the PC mob hear about this failure for fear they want to
> ban
> > steam locos because they are dangerous.  Would not surprise if the rail
> > companies did through fear of a member of the public being injured by a
> > errant con rod etc.
> > Cheers
> > Rod Gayford
> Special Instruction 19/4/01#1
> Before proceeding the driver of any steam locomotive must ensure that a
Flag