Re: R766 damage

"Rjaygee" <dartmouthmotel@bigpond.com> wrote in message
N_wD6.6750$482.27883@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:N_wD6.6750$482.27883@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Although I am a steam engine fanatic, one can see why they were so quickly
> replaced by diesel which have most of the reciprocating parts enclosed.
> Better not let the PC mob hear about this failure for fear they want to
ban
> steam locos because they are dangerous.  Would not surprise if the rail
> companies did through fear of a member of the public being injured by a
> errant con rod etc.
> Cheers
> Rod Gayford
Special Instruction 19/4/01#1
Before proceeding the driver of any steam locomotive must ensure that a Flag
person equipped with  a red flag and whistle is located 10 meters in front
of his/her locomotive and that the flag person proceeds the locomotive for
the full journey.Running over the flag person will incur a summery
suspension on full pay.