Re: [melb] yearly met cards

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> >Are you willing to pay $25 to have your damaged Metcard Xpress
> >replaced?  Keep in mind these cards are not inserting into validators
> >(instead read by the yellow external spot), therefore, if such request
> >is made, it will most likely to $$$$ (Excuse of ticket damaged by
> >validators will become irrelevant).
>
> Ridiculous. It doesn't cost $25 to manufacture a plastic card.

So how much do you think it costs?  It has been stated in previous
posting in this newsgroup that $25 will be charged to staff member whose
Metcard Xpress is damaged.

>   All M>Trains, Connex, M>Trams and
> >Yarra Tram staff have been issued with Metcard Xpress and they have
> >signed and agreed to such fee for replacement.  From what I have seen so
> >far, some customers will have trouble keeping Metcard Xpress in working
> >order, not to mention losing them ...
>
> This customer-hating attitude is what drives people away from public
> transport.

Staff do not automatically hate customers, rather the customers should
look themselves and see how they present themselves.  I have seen my
local station staff having to put up with:

1.  Customers asking for change for phone, etc. without even saying
"please" or "thank you" afterwards.  Some of them even throw the coin
through the window opening.

2.  Customers complained of long queue during morning peak and no
automatic PA for a departing train when she is 8th or 9th person in the
queue.  Even if the PA is made, she would not have got her tickets in
time to catch that train.  What does the PA got to do with long queue?

3.  Customer screamed at a station staff, because the ** bus driver **
sold her a 2-hour ticket instead of a daily one.

4.  Customer complained of bus running late and missed the train
connection.  Will be better directed to the bus company concerned.  Do
we complaint about bank services to telephone company?  I think not!

5.  Staff have to put up with druggies and other "low-lifes" that hang
around stations or travelling up and down the line all day long.

6.  People don't know how to use rubbish bins.  Worse, chewing gums on
seats ...

Just a few I have came across while commuting ...

Peter