Re: [melb] yearly met cards

In article <3AD3D24C.314AE7CA@iprimus.com.au>, railvic@iprimus.com.au wrote:

> > This customer-hating attitude is what drives people away from public
> > transport.
>
> Staff do not automatically hate customers, rather the customers should
> look themselves and see how they present themselves.  I have seen my
> local station staff having to put up with:

This is what makes me scratch my head over the use of the term "customer".
If we're going to call passengers "customers", then don't just make it a
name change -- make it a cultural change. As another poster has pointed out
in this thread, this is all part and parcel of working in the
customer-service field.

Or else consider them, and call them, "passengers".

I saw a great T-shirt on campus @ unimelb the other day. It said, "I am not
a customer. I am a student."

PE