Re: [melb] yearly met cards

"Railvic" <railvic@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
3AD3D24C.314AE7CA@iprimus.com.au">news:3AD3D24C.314AE7CA@iprimus.com.au...

> Staff do not automatically hate customers, rather the customers should
> look themselves and see how they present themselves.  I have seen my
> local station staff having to put up with:
>
> 1.  Customers asking for change for phone, etc. without even saying
> "please" or "thank you" afterwards.  Some of them even throw the coin
> through the window opening.

Without condoning rudeness, this is fairly standard in the service
industry - that is one of the things you have to put up with.

> 2.  Customers complained of long queue during morning peak and no
> automatic PA for a departing train when she is 8th or 9th person in the
> queue.  Even if the PA is made, she would not have got her tickets in
> time to catch that train.  What does the PA got to do with long queue?

Perhaps if the queue was served a bit more quickly - perhaps if she was told
that she can buy her ticket from the local newsagency, that she would get
her train next time.

> 3.  Customer screamed at a station staff, because the ** bus driver **
> sold her a 2-hour ticket instead of a daily one.

Well, it is marketted adn promoted as one seam-less service. You can't
really blame passengers for taking this to heart.

> 4.  Customer complained of bus running late and missed the train
> connection.  Will be better directed to the bus company concerned.  Do
> we complaint about bank services to telephone company?  I think not!

See above.

> 5.  Staff have to put up with druggies and other "low-lifes" that hang
> around stations or travelling up and down the line all day long.

Call the cops.

> 6.  People don't know how to use rubbish bins.  Worse, chewing gums on
> seats ...

Keeps people employed. Imagine how many staff they would need if there was
never any mess to be cleaned up, nothing ever had to be done, etc. Which is
why I never clear my tray at McDonalds (and I was grateful that people
didn't during the three years I worked for McDonalds whilst I was at
school) - I keep someone employed.

Dave