Re: [MELB] City Loop issues

Dave Proctor wrote:

> "Stacy" <sjudin@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au> wrote in message
> 3acbd52c@mercury.its.rmit.edu.au">news:3acbd52c@mercury.its.rmit.edu.au...
> > 1. In AM hours, how am I supposed to get from Flinders St or Spencer
> > street to underground stations? (without going to Richmond/Nth
> > Melb/Jolimont)
> >
> > 2. In PM hours, how am I supposed to get from underground stations to
> > Slinders/Spencer Sts? (again, without going to Rich/Nth Melb/Jolimont
> > first)
> >
> > (above refers to weekdays only)
> >
> > Why isn't city circle train reinstated. I know the tram was introduced at
> > a similar time that the train was axed, but it is so much slower, crowded,
> > inconvinient etc.
>
> Another way would be to change the directional flow of one of the lines
> (Burnley group I think it is, shares the same level of platform as the
> trains going to and from North Melbourne) so that they go to Flinders St
> first in the morning and directly into the loop in the evening.

Dave, thanks for such a suggestion and I trust you will tell our
(Burnley group) customers that their City Loop trains in the morning
peak have all been altered to run Flinders Street direct then City Loop
and vice versa for arvo peak.  Oh before you do that, don't forget to
check your "life insurance" and wear something that will give you ** A
LOT OF ** protection - Turst me, you will need it!!  Also just in case
you're not aware, majority of our customers travel to and from Loop
stations - my estimation is 75% Loop and 25% Flinders Street.