Re: [MELB] City Loop issues

"Stacy" <sjudin@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au> wrote in message
3acbd52c@mercury.its.rmit.edu.au">news:3acbd52c@mercury.its.rmit.edu.au...
> 1. In AM hours, how am I supposed to get from Flinders St or Spencer
> street to underground stations? (without going to Richmond/Nth
> Melb/Jolimont)
>
> 2. In PM hours, how am I supposed to get from underground stations to
> Slinders/Spencer Sts? (again, without going to Rich/Nth Melb/Jolimont
> first)
>
> (above refers to weekdays only)
>
> Why isn't city circle train reinstated. I know the tram was introduced at
> a similar time that the train was axed, but it is so much slower, crowded,
> inconvinient etc.

Another way would be to change the directional flow of one of the lines
(Burnley group I think it is, shares the same level of platform as the
trains going to and from North Melbourne) so that they go to Flinders St
first in the morning and directly into the loop in the evening.

This would then mean that trains on one level would be going in one
direction (Parliament to Flagstaff) whilst those on the other level would be
going in the opposite direction (Flagstaff to Parliament). Those travelling
intermediately (Museum (I know, it has had a name change) to Parliament, for
example) would then go to the one elevel and just board the next train. It
would also ensure that there was a service between Flinders/Spencer Sts and
the loop at all times.

Dave