RE: [MELB] City Loop issues

>1. In AM hours, how am I supposed to get from Flinders St or Spencer
>street to underground stations? (without going to Richmond/Nth
>Melb/Jolimont)

Tram or walk.

>2. In PM hours, how am I supposed to get from underground stations to
>Slinders/Spencer Sts? (again, without going to Rich/Nth Melb/Jolimont
>first)

Tram or walk.

I'd probably run the loop in the same direction all day so that its
consistent.

>Why isn't city circle train reinstated. I know the tram was introduced at
>a similar time that the train was axed, but it is so much slower, crowded,
>inconvinient etc.

Its a bit of a waste to just have a train going around and around. And that
capacity in the CHL loop really should be used for the Doncaster line and
extra Epping/Eltham service.

>Lately I am finding CBD travel in Melbourne a major hassle and this
>problem with the loop doesn't help.

The CBD isn't THAT big!

>Also...is the reason that Sandringham trains don't run via loop on
>weekdays (generally) because their aren't enough slots in the Caulfield
>Loop??? (although their definitely is enough room outside peak times!).

Consistency. If SOME don't go via the loop, to avoid confusion its better if
ALL trains of that type go direct to Flinders. The system was designed for
half and half (actually about 60-40, but close enough) loop and direct
trains.
We'd say particular trains should loop and particular ones shouldn't loop,
so
that you know where your train will go and whether you need to change (or
get
a tram at the other end)

Vaughan Williams
Secretary