Re: [NSW] CityRail Ticketing, Part II

"Al" <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3ac928a3$1$25472$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3ac928a3$1$25472$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Anita Lukaszyk" <neety@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> 3AC9239D.E65EBBBE@iprimus.com.au">news:3AC9239D.E65EBBBE@iprimus.com.au...
> > Al wrote:
> >
> > > In addition to what I wrote a few weeks ago about trying to get a
> DayTripper
> > > from Morisset, I've just had a look on CityRail's website.  Why can I
get
> > > CityHopper from anywhere on the network, (the site even points this
out) ,
> but
> > > not the DayTripper?
> >
> > A DayTripper is valid for unlimited travel in the suburban area (bounded
> > by Cowan, Richmond, Emu Plains, Macarthur, Otford). As Morisset is not
> > in this area, you cannot purchase the ticket. CityHopper's can be
> > purchased from any CityRail station. This allows return rail travel to
> > the City plus unlimited rail travel in the City area (Redfern-North
> > Sydney-City Circle-Martin Pl) and bus travel (not sure of those
> > boundaries).
>
> And since you can pretty much say that a CityHopper and a DayTripper are
> essentially the same thing, just with different boundaries, then why not
allow
> the DayTripper to be bought from outside the area in the same way?

A CityHopper and a DayTripper are nowhere near the same thing. If I buy a
CityHopper at Penrith, I am entitled to one, and only one, return trip from
Penrith to the City. I could do 10 return trips on a DayTripper if I was so
inclined (and sufficiently deranged) to do so.

A CityHopper is actually available for travel from Morisset - it is a return
ticket from Morisset to the City, with an add-on for the City travel. You
seem to be complaining that a ticket *which is actually available for travel
from Morisset* can be purhased AT Morisset, whilst a ticket *which is not
available for travel from Morisset* can't.

Whilst I agree that DayTrippers should be available for purchase, upon
presentation of a ticket valid to the boundary of the DayTripper area, you
cannot regard the availability of the CityHopper from Morisset as an
inconsistency.

Dave