Re: Rope's creek line and new housing area (possibility of new life)

Philip Shortus wrote:

> Hey all once again,
> I have another question on disused railways, It's about the Ropes creek Line
> and will it be resused for the new housing estate they're planing to build
> on the former ADI land (although this might not go ahead), but if they do
> will they reuse this line for the estate (although the station names will
> most likely change).

A portion of the Ropes Creek line (right near St Mary's) was being used
by FreightCorp. They were storing Sandstone there and planning to build
a container terminal. However, trains have not been running there for
some time. The current freight timetable does not list these trains.

> I mean how would you like a station called Cochrane?

That's just something you'd have to accept if you lived there.

For more information on the Ropes Creek Line click here:
http://www.triode.net.au/~rolfeb/nsw/ropes_creek.html

For photos, click here and scroll down to Ropes Creek:
http://www.triode.net.au/~rolfeb/nsw/allphotos.html

--
There's the RIGHT way, the WRONG way, and the RAIL way.

Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~neety