Re: [NSW] Fare evasion (sort of)

The absolute imperative was to move passengers with a minimum of delay over
the last couple of weeks.  Barrier delays with passengers unfamiliar with
the gates was an undesirable flow inhibitor so the pragmatic and realistic
approach was to open the gates.

My gut feeling is that those new to CityRail would probably have paid any
required fares for the two weeks.  Much fare evasion arises as people who
regularly use the system determine that their chances of being caught  are
low and at $100 a pop it's cheaper than always paying the fare.  Perhaps the
nth offence in so many years should be a criminal offence with more severe
penalties etc.

Chris

8r3fpc$u06$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8r3fpc$u06$1@nnrp1.deja.com...