Re: [General] Content of aus.rail

Hallo Harse!.
bayjaysus now you does not be thinking us Paddies have a thick accent,
now does you?

No, we does be well spoken, not like them sheep shagging Aussies who
seem to make more sense when they've got a few of those tins of
disgusting brew that they have the nerve to call bevvies.

Anyway, CityRail maybe should employ announcers who cannot be
understood (e.g. Aussies and Kiwis) because the last thing CityRail
want is for people to understand! :-)

Regards

Frank

In article <zkKz5.6785$NS5.64327@news6.giganews.com>,
  "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> 39ccce20$0$26536$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39ccce20$0$26536$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > "Ronald BESDANSKY" <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > %dXy5.56344$c5.157515@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:%dXy5.56344$c5.157515@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> > > My last word on this subject: I believe that inciting racial
hatred, by
> > > suggesting that people of a certain race have particular negative
> > > characteristics, where there is no basis in fact for such a
claim, IS
> > > contrary to the Federal and state race discrimination acts. For
example,
> > > suggesting that Indians can't drive trains, or that the Jews were
> > > responsible for Germany's economic problems in the 1930s.
> >
> > Neither statement is discriminatory, nor incitement to racial
hatred. as
> > the truth of either statement, I neither know nor care as it's
irrelevant
> > me.
>
> It is NOT discriminatory, as it falls within the boundaries of being a
> reasonable requirement. The same could be said of someone with a
thick Irish
> or Scottish accent, if the operator wishes a clear, fluent
announcement they
> are perfectly entitled to restrict the making of announcements to
those that
> they wish to do so (although they would save themselves a stack of
trouble
> by individually accreditting announcers).
>
> Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.