Re: [General] Content of aus.rail

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message news:zkKz5.6785
> It is NOT discriminatory, as it falls within the boundaries of being a
> reasonable requirement. The same could be said of someone with a thick Irish
> or Scottish accent, if the operator wishes a clear, fluent announcement they
> are perfectly entitled to restrict the making of announcements to those that
> they wish to do so (although they would save themselves a stack of trouble
> by individually accreditting announcers).

Reminds me of the public service back in 80's. They would deliberately put
someone with a speech impediment on a phone as to not do so was viewed as
discriminatory. There was also the case of the 7th Day Adventist who was given a
position that was advertised with a requirement to work Saturdays. Same reason
as the previous example. Thank Christ some of this crap is now gone.