Re: [General] Content of aus.rail

<antstig@my-deja.com> wrote in message 8q90jp$voi$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8q90jp$voi$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <Hvux5.53238$c5.149379@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
>   "Ronald BESDANSKY" <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote:
> following
> > as a personal email from dino64@iprimus.com.au:
> >
> > Suck my d**k Ron! [My asterisks]
> >
> > Need I say more? The person concerned didn't even have the guts to
> put it up
> > as a post. I have reported this person to its ISP.
>
> But do you have the guts to say what you do for a living? To me that's
> more useful than your name so I can see where you're coming from (if
> anywhere).

I have never said what I do because I didn't think it was relevant. I am a
computer systems project manager, and nothing professionally to do with
railways. I'm just an enthusiast, but one who prefers to learn facts and
hold informed discussions (and have the odd laugh), rather than read a lot
of obscene mud-slinging.

> Also when you post inflamatory you can hardly cry when you get equally
> strong responses.

Do you really think dino64's message was an appropriate response to my
reasonable plea for a sensible n.g.?

If you consider my original post inflammatory (and I can't think why), I
still would expect a reasonable response, not just some meaningless
obscenity.

> As I said to Paul in the sister thread, show us where you believe the
> crap is and more important tell us what you would like to see posted or
> shut up!

The "crap" is typified by the response I got from dino64! I don't think I
need to list all the posts that merely contain derogatory remarks about
other posters, or wild, unfounded speculation. What I would like to see I
outlined in my original post - fact, observations, rational discussion, news
of rail operations and such like. Referring to people by the use of racist,
sexist, or any form of discriminatory language, is NOT appropriate, and is
probably illegal. As an example, I cite the recent posts by someone who was
suggesting that all female or Indian train guards were incompetent.

Rgds

Ron Besdansky