Re: (NSW): Olympic Timetable (15/9)

Exactly.  Far two few trains into and out of the city in the peaks on
typical weekdays.

Some of the principals employed however are very valuable:

The number of trains that are restricted to doing certain routes such at
Glenfield/Liverpool/Bankstown to City yo-yos etc. is great.  I would suggest
it's a better way to isolate delays but we've yet to see that in practice
(hopefully we won't).

Running ALL East Hills/Campbelltown trains through the Airport Line appears
operationally preferable.  To accommodate this all Illawarra suburban trains
need to stop at Wolli Creek to maximise interchange opportunities.  The
number of times I've seen a down East Hills via AL service wait at the sewer
hump for several minutes for an overtaking Campbelltown/Macarthur via
Redfern service is depressing (bring on 4 tracks to Bevo).

Chris

39c36354$0$26528$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39c36354$0$26528$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...