Destination Signs

I hope this is not an urban legend. It deserves to be true.

Melbourne (Australia) has one of the world's largest tramway (streetcar)
systems, with 30 routes, 240 km of track, about 500 trams (streetcars)
and the system is constantly expanding (99 new low-floor articulated
trams at present on order, three major route extensions under way
[Docklands, Box Hill, Knox City]).

Anyhow, a number of Melbourne's tram routes go through or terminate in
the eastern suburb of Kew (named of course after Kew in London;
Melbourne is a very English city in some respects though very
multicultural in most others).

The destination signs on the trams include:

KEW DEPOT
KEW - COTHAM RD
KEW JUNCTION
KEW CEMETERY

But I have reliably been told that a tram enthusiasts' group hired a
tram and went to Kew and put on the destination sign:

FAR KEW