Re: Destination Signs

David,
It did although it was not displayed for very long, and I do have a photo of
it somewhere.  The same tour arrived at Camberwell Depot where the
destination "Hong Kong" in Chinese characters was rolled up.  A conductor of
Chinese descent was asked what the destination read, and he replied "Hong
Kong, but it is badly written."  This was not surprising as it had been
copied from a clothing label!  A photo of the tour car displaying "Loftus"
as the destination appeared on the cover of the M&MTB's house magazine,
which caused the Board's Chairman to ask the tour's accompanying Inspector
how he knew how to change destination rolls in a tramcar. He didn't have to
know as it was the passengers who swapped the roll!

Regards,
Bob Merchant
39C47455.53E0@iprolink.co.nz">news:39C47455.53E0@iprolink.co.nz...